Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Valentine Story



"I used to have a wish
One day I'd feel like this
Now I know love exists
Standing right next to me.."

Well, he's not exactly standing right next to me but yes, now I know love exists. And I didn't even ask God for it. After constantly falling out of love in my previous relationships, I asked God not to send/give me someone if he's not "it". I don't want another failed emotional investment.

For 4 years, everybody desperately wanted me to settle down (being that I'm almost 30!). Even my Ate (elder sister) gave my phone number to her colleague/friend she'd like me to get together with. I went on dates set up by my friends. There weren't any sparks whatsoever. And when we go out during weekends and somebody asks for my number, they'd scold me because I can't memorize it. I don't text. I don't even go online for chatting and stuff like that. In other words, I didn't do anything to have a boyfriend. I just let time pass, I lived my life just being with my family, buying shoes, travelling with my friends, and eating! I enrolled for drum lessons and briefly MMA (shoutout to YawYan Ardigma warriors!) which I sucked big time. I was having a blast! I thought, God will give me someone when I'm ready and if He thinks I need/deserve to have one. So I was waiting but wasn't really waiting, you know what I mean?
Here's almost all the things I did for 4 years of being
single!waiting isn't bad at all!

For 4 years, the one thing I've had that's closest to love is my affair with Rafael Nadal. But I guess that doesn't count. Ü.. January of 2012, I told myself I will never be in a relationship, I'd be single forever.  Plus, stories of failed relationships and husbands cheating didn't help. I began planning for my future being alone. I planned to buy a small house and be in a neighborhood where my friends live.

See? Love affair! hahaha! Thanks to Marie Deltan Galeos for the "birthday" pic.

And then, May 18, 2012 happened. I went online for like 5 seconds per my mother's request to check if my uncle was, my old neighbor's name popped up and I lazily replied to his questions. After 3 days I began having a good time and I gave him my number. May 21, 2012, with too much persuasion from him, I said "let's do this" and then viola, I got myself a boyfriend, just like that! For me, it was just a game. I thought to myself, he's in UAE, there's no way it could become serious and there's no way I'd fall in love! I mean, I haven't seen the man for more than 10 years, I don't know what has become of him. I wrote about it here. IT. WAS. CRAZY.
First time we saw each other in more than 10 years! Can you believe I didn't have an outfit planned that day? Gosh! Anyway, when I saw him, I thought to myself, "nigwapo lagi ning pahak!'. Ha-ha! I was so nervous I could barely look at him in the eye. He, on the other hand, was sweating all over. And then I asked him point blank if he still wants me after actually seeing me and he said, looking at me in the eye, "OO". Yes!
my love reminding me to always put plastic in the trash bin* me writing him letters - i have so much feelings! love is indeed overwhelming! Haha! *foot massage, anyone? He is the best

I never thought that the person I carelessly said "yes" or in my case "let's do this" to would be the one who'll teach me more lessons than anyone ever did. The more I get to know him, the more I'm in awe of him. He is someone I respect because he's so great. He is so strong yet, has a fragile and kind soul. He loves like no other. I am so proud of what he has become! I AM ONE PROUD LOVER!

Our relationship isn't perfect, in fact, we used to fight a lot, like everyday. Most (if not all) of the time I'm the stubborn one and he deals with it patiently, but then when he goes to his "maldito" mode, I just go silent. Ha-ha! We are two very different people. He sees things this way, I see it the other way. Before, it got me into thinking that our having very different personalities would become a problem in the future  but now I look at it as an opportunity to learn things on the other side of the fence. I like it when we discuss our differences. I guess as long as we're able to listen to and understand each other, everything's going to be ok. I know it's going to be hard, especially now that he's back to UAE, we have a long way to go!

 How we come to this, what we are right now, is really beyond me. More than I ever, I am amazed at how God does His magic. I guess it's true what they say, true love comes to those who wait. I waited, and there he came. Life is indeed full of surprises. I AM IN LOVE and the best part of it is that the person I love loves me back. Yahoo!


 To Bab, you are God's gift to me. Thank you for loving me despite my flaws. I know I can be a handful sometimes especially when I ask questions - some of them are so stupid I'm actually always shy to ask them believe it or not but I still ask anyway. Ha-ha! I ask them because I want to know what you think. Please be more patient! And you know that I LOVE YOU TOO and I am always here for you. Only God knows what the future will bring, but He also knows that I want mine to be with you. Here's hoping He'll approve and I think He will (winks). I have faith in you. I have faith in us. Apir! Ü


Happy Valentine's day to you guys! I hope you get all your hearts' desires! xxx

2 comments:

  1. funny and great story
    i am a single woman and have been for 3 years and everything's been great and i do travel a lot
    i am inspired by you
    there's hope for women like us
    i wish you and your love the best

    maybe you want to post something about places you've been too? just saying..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! what you just wrote up there, those were really nice! it just made my day! thank you miss! you will find the love of your life in God's time! be excited!

    yes i will soon post about my travels.. i've not gone out of my country (philippines)though but i'd be proud to show it to you guys!

    thank you for reading! i wish your wish too! xxx

    ReplyDelete