Thursday, September 27, 2012

BUSTED

I work in a call center company supporting US and Canada and 2 days ago, I got busted for being rude during a call. Below is what I have to say about it (emailed to Sup):

From: Tilao, Sheenah
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:48 AM
To: ********

Subject: RE: ..

It's never my intention to be rude. I am not like that.

You know when you're teaching someone and you're so lost in thought that you can't hear what everybody on the background is saying anymore? that's precisely why I didn't hear her trying to make a conversation. I was thinking of the best way for her to understand the situation so that this won't happen again.

I was really surprised with how the consultant reacted, to be honest. I never thought that she felt that way. I never thought that I sounded rude. I didn't feel that she's upset during the call. If I did, I would've apologized and explained that I just wanted her to know what went wrong, partly because there's a survey after the call but mostly because I really wasn't being rude to her. The truth is , I was disappointed myself because my effort to help her was being misinterpretted by her  no less. I mean, it's not easy to explain a situation to someone who's already frustrated and who seemed to really have no clue of what she's doing. It's even more disapppointing because I can't blame her.

I would like to emphasize that yes, I agree that I did sound rude. But during the call, I didn't know I would. I only knew when I listened to the call myself.

I can't promise this won't happen again because I didn't do this intentionally. What I can promise though is that I will avoid this happening again. I will improve my tone and avoid sounding too business-like.


'Nuff said.. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment